Post-Harvest Value Addition
The Development and Assessment Section is responsible for the development and promotion of seafood processing in Seychelles, particularly value addition in fish processing.
The Development and Assessment Section serves as a post-harvest fisheries business development incubation center and platform whereby technical support and assistance are offered to new entrepreneurs and private sectors venturing in seafood value addition.
Post-Harvest Value Addition Section’s Objectives
- To promote and enhance sustainable post-harvest developments and investments
- Reducing post-harvest loss and contributing towards national food security
- Generate maximum revenues from our existing resources without necessarily putting more stress on the natural stocks
- Adding value to our marine resources for the export and local market
- Diversifying investment opportunities and increasing market possibilities
- Giving the end consumer more choices.